There are many posts, YouTube videos and such on what families have been doing to stock up for our nation’s COVID-19 outbreak and state of “social distancing.”
I wanted to share what our family decided to stock up on.
I already had a 72-Hour Emergency Kit prepped in case of a power outage. I followed this video by Do It On A Dime.
Now you can modify it to your families needs of course. Although my husband and I are going through a separation, we decided to stock up as a family of five in case. He is still working, but my work officially closed Monday afternoon.
I’m only including the dry/ [mostly] non-perishable items that I stocked up on for the family. This should last us about two weeks. I do plan to go to the grocery store one last time today to make an official last run to the outside world (plus I had to pick up from check from work).
After that, I plan to stay home with the kiddos until “further notice.”
What We Had:
- 8 Gallons of Water
- Water Bottles (Case of 40)
- Emergency Kit (again see video for what is mostly in it)
What We Stocked Up On:
- Soup (10 Cans – Tomato, Minestrone, Chicken Noodle & Chicken w/ Rice)
- Annie’s Macaroni & Cheese (4)
- Wheat Bread (2 Loaves)
- Beans (6 – Baked, Black & Chickpeas)
- Canned Fruit (8 – Mandarins, Peaches, Pineapple)
- Canned Veggies (4 – Corn, Peas & Carrots)
- Minute Rice (6 – Jasmine & Brown)
- Cracker Goods (6 – Peanut Butter Crackers, Goldfish, Ritz & Triscuits)
- Veggie Sticks/ Snapeas (3)
- Apple Sauces & Apple Sauce Pouches (16)
- Raisins (12 Boxes)
- Peanut Butter & Jelly (2 PB, 1 Jelly)
- Pretzels (2 Bags)
- Yogurt Melts (6 Bags)
- Granola Bars (15 – Cliff, Nature’s Valley, Kind, Quaker and a few others)
- Boxed Milk (2- 2%)
- 100% Apple Juice (3)
- Cereal (5 – Rice Crispies, Special K Protein Ancient Grain & Cinnamon Life)
- Muffin & Cake Mix (4 – for fun)
- Laundry Detergent (2)
- Diapers (144 Count)
- Pull-Ups (27 Count)
- Baby Wipes (6 Packages)
- Dish Soap (2)
- Ibuprofen/ Pain Meds (1- Adults & 1 – Kids)
- Cold & Cough Meds (1 – Adults & 1 – Kids)
- Probiotics (2)
- Vitamins (2)
Kid Essentials [To Not Go Too Crazy]:
- Stickers (10 Pacakges- like ALOT)
- Play-Doh (8)
- Markers & Crayons (2 Each)
- Coloring Books (4)
- Notebooks (4)
- Bubbles (4)
I did buy our fresh basics at the supermarket such as milk (3 Gallons), eggs (24), butter, fruit, veggies and such but I expect those to only last 1.5-2 weeks. Hence why I plan to do a run today for some of those items.
I also made sure to get plenty of nuggets and a few frozen pizzas to have on hand.
There are many schedules going around if you have kids in a school age group. My feelings on those are 50/50 and I’ll just say this; don’t stress it.
We plan to use ABC Mouse with my oldest (who’s in PreK), worksheets, plus we have “Blizzard Bags” with assignments that we got from school.I am thankful to be in this house with a spacious backyard, because if we still lived in our apartment, I definitely would be losing my marbles.That’s just the truth.
I hope this list helps anyone out with some ideas on what to stock up on as I didn’t see much for parents. Something as simple as stocking up on stickers and coloring items is a fantastic reminder for when having to spend a lot of time indoors (like in too cold/ hot weather).Stay healthy everyone. ❤