Fall, my favorite time of year.
I may have mentioned it a
hundred few times already. This year, I found that my fall decor was even less than it was last year.Marie Kondo’s book was the first book I read on decluttering.
The whole idea of “if it sparks joy” resignated with me, especially when it came to home decor, specifically pumpkins.I love pumpkin decor, so why not have them year round?
Paired with Joshua Becker’s “A Minimalist Home,” I realized I wanted my home to truly be a space I enjoy.
Simply put, looking at pumpkins “spark joy.”
For example, this “thankful” sign next to the door is up year round.
This mini pumpkin piece I put on the kitchen counter, is typically on the bookshelf.
I swapped it out for an orange pumpkin and pulled out the orange flowers that were hidden beneath the cream ones.
I used to love collecting decor, but when we moved to our house I realized I really didn’t want to invest too much money on decor.
Instead, I wanted to focus on making memories and traditions.
My daughter loves getting pumpkins to put on the steps out front.
It’s becoming a fun and simple tradition of going pumpkin picking.
While there is nothing wrong with anyone who loves decor, personally, it just wasn’t something I wanted to have for every season.
I just wanted to keep my home more simple. ❤
Where did I get stuff (all last year, unless noted):
- Thankful Sign [On Dresser]: Dollar Tree – this year!*
- Orange Pumpkin [Behind Thankful Sign]: Target
- Wooden “Give Thanks” Pumpkin Sign [On Wall]: Kohl’s, three years ago!
- Cream Colored Fabric Pumpkin: Target*
- Cream & Orange Colored Flowers: Rite Aid (Was a “Harvest Bouquet I broke apart)
- Small Orange Pumpkin On Bookshelf: Walmart
- Beige Flowers & Vase [On Kitchen Table]: Dollar Tree*
- Placemat [On Table]: Kohl’s
- Wooden “Thankful, Grateful, Happy” 3 Tier Sign: Target
- Pumpkin Hand Towel: Kohl’s (Was a craft project but actual towel is from Kohl’s)
- Galvanized Chicken: Hobby Lobby (because I love it so much, had to include)*
- Pumpkin “Plant” Piece [Next to Galvanized Chicken]: Walmart*
- White Ceramic Pumpkin [Next to Dish Soap]: Dollar Tree
- Wooden ‘Gather’ Plate: Target
*Starred are my top five favorite pieces!