If you’ve been following my blog, you might know one of my all time favorites workouts is Tabata. It’s quick, sweaty and best of all… EFFECTIVE.As a mom [of three], I like to make my workouts 30-40 minutes and get the most that I can from it! You may be wondering… “what is Tabata?” Or maybe you heard the word before and still are not too sure what it is.
Tabata is simple; one move, four minutes long, 20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest. Now sometimes I like to get fancy and alternate two moves in one four minute set.
Today we are going to get “fancy” and have a fun, heart-pumping workout. You will have two moves in one four minute set that you alternate. This means each move you will do a total of four times in each round.
All you need is a timer (I use a HIIT Interval Timer app on my phone) and some weights that are challenging. For myself, I used 5 & 8lbs for this routine. Be sure to warm-up and cool down for THIS and any exercise routine you perform.
Alright, let’s GO!
Total Body Tabata Routine [8 Rounds, 32* Minutes Total]
- Shoulder Taps* & Mountain Climbers
- Double Crunch* & Russian Twists*
- Sit Ups & Knee In’s*
- Shoulder Press & Hammer Curls
- Skaters & Jumping Jacks
- Chest Flies & Tricep Extensions
- Pulldown & Bicep Curls
- Burpees & Plank Hold
If you want to learn more about Tabata training CLICK HERE.
Exercise Cheat Sheet*
- Shoulder Taps: In a plank position, tap your hand to opposite shoulder
- Double Crunch: Reach your elbows to your knees and tap your feet back down to the floor.
- Russian Twists: In a sitting position, round back to your lowest point with your knees bent and twist side to side with a dumbbell; legs can be up if you can!
- Knee In’s: Laying on the floor, bring your knees into your chest then extend them out as low to the ground as possible!
If you have any questions on any other move, feel free to leave a comment or email me at SabrinaCL88@Gmail.com.